Screenwriting Writer's Block

 I currently have writer's block and I am at the end of writing my 3rd screenplay writing Service. For some time I have had a hard time coming up with a good or great ending to my story about a guy in his 50's who has retired from the IT field and now is trying his hand at the very challenging world of teaching High School. I started this story some months to be a comedy which it mostly has been, but at times it's been quite serious, so I guess this script now is mostly what they call a seriocomedy.

I attribute at least some of my writer's block to the fact that I have been writing a book all year about my completed career in the IT field where I worked for over 32 years writing mainframe and most recently windows and browser software using Microsoft technology. There was nothing easy about my career and many stories which I thought were amazing enough to create a 600 page book about. For me it's been hard to flip back and forth from writing my book to then going back to completing my screenplays. During this time I have also updated my first screenplay which I am the most proud of. Writing is a big challenge on a number of different levels and I have found that blogging and article writing also keeps me writing and interested in the field.

Over the last two years I have been writing 3 screenplays, some of the advice I have been finding from experts in the field is to create an outline first when you write, or when you get writer's block just keep writing anything because you can always go back and fix this later. This last bit of advice I have a hard time understanding because just writing for the sake of writing because you are blocked doesn't make that much sense to me. Another idea I heard about is to create an idea map which is nothing more than circles and arrows where you try and have one idea spawn another idea and the lines connect your thoughts so you can have a brain storming session with yourself by just writing down ideas and drawing circles and arrows to connect them essay Writing. This idea I have not done too much myself but it is an area when I am finally completed with my book that I will try more with screenwriting.

Considering how many bad movies are written and eventually created when you think about how hard it is to break into the movie world I for one sometimes get angry when I see a bad or very bad movie. During a year I probably see about 7 or 8 % of movies that I would consider being good enough that I would actually buy the DVD later. Currently I have about 300 DVD's in my collection but they represent a collection of the last 40 years of movies that I would consider good enough to own out of the many thousands that I have seen over the years. Creating a masterpiece in the movie world is not easy. There is no doubt about that fact, but ultimately this is my goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assisted Living Omaha

Hire The Best Shipping Company - 7 Questions To Ask For Quality Shipping Company Services

Where to Purchase CBD Oil at El Paso